What I wish I could tell her- day 61
Every time this picture comes up on my Timehop, it breaks my heart a little. This picture was taken in Northern Ireland, at the Giants Causeway, three weeks after my husband left me. I cried every day of this trip. My heartbreak was so painful, I thought it might kill me. My life, as I knew it, was over.
I wish I could go back in time and tell this girl what life would be like in four short years.
I wish I could tell her that the love of my life had always been Andrew. I wish I could tell her about our gorgeous son, Henry. I wish I could tell her that four years from now, she would be pregnant with her second baby. I wish I could tell her about the beautiful friends who would stand by her, and the new ones she would make. I wish I could tell her that her Redeemer Lives and He is making her way straight.
I wish I could tell her that her ex wouldn't change. That in four years, he would still be partying in excess. He would still be a self absorbed gym rat. He would still be getting drunk to the point of pissing the bed. He would still be poisonous. He would not become a better man, but a worse one. He would be a man who worshipped death and worldly bullshit, not life.
I wish I could tell her that in the end, everyone would see who came out on top.
Comments
Post a Comment