Judging- day 73
On some level, it makes perfect sense to judge other people. Our entire adolescent lives, we're taught to determine our worth based on our relation to other kids our age. Your percentile of weight and height, developmental milestones you should acquire at a certain age, reading and math scores based on peer data, your ability to beat out the other kid for the spot on the team or chair in orchestra or role in the play. Judgement and competitiveness is engrained into us.
Then in high school, we are taugh how to judge character and actions. You have to judge who can be your friend, according to your parents or community standards. You have to judge the behavior and character of guys you want to date. You have to then judge your own character and actions based on your peers around you- using them as... well ... a measuring stick kind of.
Okay, I make better grades than her, but I've slept with more guys, but I also am more athletic than her.... so were does that put me?
I'm prettier than her, but she's somehow more confident than me? Should I be more confident? Or should is she being annoying?
Comments
Post a Comment