Getting Stronger- day 58

I joined Orange Theory in May, and have been enjoying it so much! I have challenged myself to exercise every day for the month of June, and today is day 10. I have alternated between OTF, running, and yoga. Okay, I only did yoga once, but you have to start somewhere.

I decided to challenge myself to exercise everyday for a few reasons:

  • Strength- I want to have healthy bones and protected organs. A long, healthy life is the goal.
  • Endurance- gotta keep up with my hubs and toddler
  • Relationship with Exercise- I need to come to a balanced place with the concept and practice of daily exercise. Realizing that moving my body means loving my body, its not a time for punishment and shaming. I need to also understand that yoga and stretching are just as important to muscle and heart health as running and weight lifting. 

Exercise culture can be so damaging. From extreme dieting, to pumping poisonous "supplements" into the body, to over exertion, all the way to editing gym pictures or getting plastic surgery and claiming it is from "hitting the gym". Stepping back from these lies and manipulation tactics that are out to get your money, lower your self esteem, then get more of your money, is vastly important. 

I think the best approach- which is easier said than done- is to set goals that have nothing to do with weight or appearance.

I go to OTF because it is an hour to listen to music, move my body, and have time to myself. 

I run because I get my best ideas for writing while doing it. 

I do yoga because I respect all the hard work my body does for me and my family. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points