Character development Idea- day 53
POV FEMALE
Look. I use people. To be honest, it's what I do best. Yeah, I can feel your judgement, but you use people too. The difference between you and me is: I admit it.
I go to college where almost everyone is a nobody from nowhere. But there are a handful of somebodies. These somebodies are rich kids from big cities who weren't quite smart enough to get in somewhere better, and they landed here with us, and we made them our kings. Sorority girls from small Texas towns would clamor over themselves to get a date with one of these frat daddy imbeciles. The energy and manipulation they put into getting one of these men was ten fold the effort they put into their degrees. They knew these daddy-money halfwits were a better meal ticket than any career ever could be.
And you know what makes me better than all those slobbering, desperate girls? I got one of their men. With no effort. Without being exceptionally pretty, or well dressed, or even smart. I got one because I didn't want him. And that was the first, and most important, lesson I ever learned.
Years later when I got him to marry me, I asked him, "What made you love me?"
"You were the first girl to ever turn me down."
POV MALE
*man wakes, drunken, hungover stupor, blood on knuckles and under fingernails, scratched up arms, face, chest, bed soaked in urine, floor covered in mud, blood, clothes...
Stands up, catches self, room spinning, stumbles into bathroom, turns on sink and drinks, drinks, drinks lukewarm tap water, splashes face, winces, looks in the mirror to see damage done to body, sees blood on knuckles and fingernails
What the fuck, what the fuck
Turns sink on full blast, pump, pump, pumps soap into hands, Scrub, scrub, scrubbing under nails and hands, red water swirling down the sink, can't catch breath, can't see straight
Hangover raging, room spinning, irony smell of blood, what the fuck, what the fuck happened...blood and filth and urine...is that vomit? all over, turns on shower and strips off clothes, cold water, didn't even turn on the light, going to faint... water warms, scrubbing, rinsing, scrubbing...
Steps out, grabs mildewy towel off the floor, blots off then wraps towel around waist, walks back into the room
She's sitting there, staring.
"Did I...god I feel like shit...did I fight someone last night?"
"You seriously don't remember?"
"Remember what? What happened?"
POV FEMALE
Sometimes I just stare at him in disgust. No, not disgust, maybe pity. So privileged in every way and what does he do? Act like this.
I was always fascinated by the process of brain washing. You don't need a whole lot to accomplish what you want.... sleep deprivation, lack of protein, add in some drugs here and there...I mean he was practically doing the work for me.
POV VICTIM
Hindsight, I knew something was wrong with her. But I was blinded by her. She wasn't anything special, except she was. I think anyone from the outside wouldn't understand why we were so obsessed with her. She was moderately attractive, I would classify her as cute more than anything. She wasn't smart by any academic standard, she wasn't well connected, didn't come from wealth...like I said, she was nothing special. But.... she was somehow the most astounding creature I had ever met. I was drawn into her and had to be around her. When I was around her, I felt like I was the only person in the world. I would have died for her attention. Well, I guess in the end, I did.
POV MALE
I'm a sloppy drunk, I know that. Everyone I hang around with is. Not only is it socially acceptable, it's socially expected. So this wasn't the first morning I've woken up after a blackout with a splitting headache, caked in mud, soaked in piss. This wasn't the first morning I've woken up with the feeling that I had gotten in a fight. This was, however, the first morning I've woken up with bloody knuckles.
I stood at the kitchen counter, drinking a warm Gatorade straight from the pantry, slammed down some ibuprofen. I smoked a bit to take the edge off the throbbing in my temples. Things from last night were sort of coming back to me, flashes of the bar, downing shots, stumbling through the street... P had left to go get hydrogen peroxide, she was frantic about getting the blood stains out of my clothes and carpet.
Walking around my trashed rental house, trying to find my phone, keys, and wallet. Classic morning after bullshit. Not a huge deal if I can't find my stuff, my parents don't even bat an eye when I tell them I need another iPhone or credit card.
**add in roommates?**
POV FEMALE
Comments
Post a Comment