I'm sorry- day 65
I'm sorry you were born into financial instability. I'm sorry your dad was an alcoholic. I'm sorry you struggle with weight. I'm sorry you heard your parents fighting all night, then had to wake up and go to take a PreCal test. I'm sorry that school was incredibly difficult for you. I'm sorry you were physically abused. I'm sorry that you were emotionally abused. I'm sorry that you were spiritually abused. I'm sorry that you sexually abused. I'm sorry that boy broke your heart when you were 16. I'm sorry you suffer from mental illness. I'm sorry you have chronic pain. I'm sorry you lost your sibling. I'm sorry you had to watch a loved one suffer. I'm sorry your best friend betrayed your trust. I'm sorry that rumor was spread about you. I'm sorry you failed out. I'm sorry your husband left you. I'm sorry you gave it everything you had, and it didn't work out. I'm sorry you got in that car wreck. I'm sorry someone weaponized your past against you. I'm sorry you were given so much weight to bear.
But I'm really sorry, that during all this, someone told you, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
I'm sorry someone said, "God's got a plan."
I'm sorry someone suggested you write a gratitude journal.
I'm sorry someone made you feel like you deserved this, because you didn't pray hard enough.
I'm sorry that while you were in pain, someone told you to choose happiness.
I'm sorry that someone reduced your mental illness to not exercising and dieting properly.
I'm sorry someone told you to be grateful for you trauma, because they think it made you "stronger".
I'm sorry that no one recognized your Herculean effort to survive these horrible things.
Comments
Post a Comment