5 Weeks Pregnant- day 63

It is so weird to say I'm 5 weeks pregnant when I know we conceived this little babe three weeks ago, but for whatever reason, weeks are counted based on the first day of your last period... So five weeks it is!



Baby is the size of: an APPLE SEED! 

Baby's Development: Baby is just a tiny, but mighty, little embryo! The nervous system is developing, heart is forming, and baby will double in size in just one week. What a miracle. 

Due Date: I haven't seen the doctor yet, so this is just based on when I think we conceived the baby, so I have the due date as February 17th. 

Momma Symptoms: I've been experiencing fatigue the past couple of days. I remember telling my sister, the very beginning and the very end of pregnancy are the hardest stages. With Henry, I found the very first few weeks difficult because I felt so shitty, but couldn't tell anyone why! The beginning is also difficult because the chance for miscarriage is at its highest. It's scary to know that 1 in 4 pregnancies is a miscarriage, and there is nothing you can do about it. Just pray, have faith, and trust in your body. 

Health and Exercise: I have worked out everyday of June! I have been going to Orange Theory or doing the treadmill at home. I feel strong and somewhat energetic (considering the surge of hormones running rampant through my body lol) and am happy that I have time this summer to take care of the body that has done so much for me. 

Weight Gain: 0 lbs

Emotional Wellness: Everyday this week, I have had random moments where I think, "Oh my gosh, was that a trickle of blood? I better run to the bathroom and check." I think most moms can relate to this kind of paranoia during the early weeks. But instead of giving in to those thoughts and rushing to the bathroom to check my underwear, I stop, take a deep breath, and say, "Trust your body. She has never let you down before." I really want to enjoy this pregnancy, because I did not enjoy my first one. Up until the moment I held Henry in my arms, I was scared. I remind myself that this baby is with me, right here, right now. How long she or he is with me has already been written in the stars, and my fear and anxiety cannot change that. So I might as well enjoy the time I have with this baby, whether it is just for today, or for the rest of my life.

Random Life Things: Ummmm... so our landlord told us we have to move out of this house...by the end of July... when we had just signed our lease to live here for another year... so that really, really sucks. Everyone knows the housing market is insane right now, at least here in Texas, houses are being sold at extreme prices. I don't understand all the ins and outs of the situation, but I do know that our landlord wants his house tenant free. To say I am heartbroken would be an understatement. I love this house, I love this neighborhood, I love this location, I love Henry's school... I can't believe that we have to pack up, find a new home or apartment, move, then settle in all over again. We want to buy a house, but need to save more and have the market cool off.. so I bet anything we will be moving AGAIN a year from now. In the grand scheme of life, I know that this is just a blip on the radar. I know that everything will work out because I have a strong man by my side, a faithful God, and helpful family. It is just one of those things that 




Comments