Paxton Valedictorian Speech- day 55

I can't stop thinking about the pro-abortion valedictorian speech that was given earlier this week. I can't stop thinking how sad I feel for Paxton, and young women like her. 

When I was 15, my dad was driving me to cheerleading practice. Out of nowhere, he turned down the radio, paused, then said to me, "I just want you to know, if you ever got pregnant, you wouldn't need to be scared. You could tell me. I would take care of you and your baby, and everything would be okay." 

That right there, is a loving patriarch. That is beautiful masculinity. That is a father who puts pride aside, and cares courageously for his daughter. 

I cannot imagine how much it would hurt me if my dad had said, "I just want you to know, if you ever got pregnant, I would give you $300 and drive you to Planned Parenthood."

That is an oppressive patriarch. That is toxic masculinity. That is not "choice".

I'm sad for Paxton, because she clearly doesn't have a father like mine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points