Complaints- day 74

I've been hit with some hard stuff the past few days- things that from the outside probably don't seem big, but are getting me down. 

We have to move.

        I just can't get over this one. I can't express how deeply sick I am of moving, I have moved every year since I was like....18 years old, and I'm fucking sick of it. I want roots, I want community, I want to invest in a home. And we aren't there yet, and I'm frustrated about it. I feel like a toddler who is stamping her feet and crossing her arms because she isn't getting her way. We haven't found any homes to rent, none to even go look at, in the areas we need to be in. My sister has offered to let us move in for a few months to save like crazy and get into our own home more quickly... I don't know. It is a lot to ask for someone to take in two adults, a toddler, and a dog. 

My best friend is moving 3 hours away.

    My best friend at work is moving. Her husband got an amazing head coaching opportunity in East Texas, and I'm so so happy for them, but so so sad for myself. Hollie and I use snapchat during weekends and breaks to chat and stay in touch, so when I saw her calling me, I knew it meant she was leaving. I sobbed. SOBBED. Hollie and I have worked together for 4 years, we had our babies three weeks apart, we chatted every single morning before school, and every afternoon. She made going to work worth getting up in the morning. When I say I'll miss her, it doesn't even scratch the surface.  

Andrew has to go back to working in-office after Labor Day.

    We LOVE having Andrew work from home. Now, he'll have to commute to Dallas everyday, and that changes so much. It narrows the areas we are able to live. It means he'll be gone longer, spend less time with me, Henry, and the new baby. We're honestly struggling more with post- pandemic changes than we were when the stupid pandemic was going on!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points