Summer 2021 Plans- day 39

My last day of school is May 28th, and of course it is bittersweet. I have had such a wonderful year with these students and will truly, deeply miss them. However, I am looking forward to this summer! Andrew and I decided to keep Henry in school this summer, but on their shorten schedule. He loves his school so much, I am off for less than two months, so we decided it was best to keep him on his schedule, but with room for flexibility.

We are taking two trips this summer, which feels absolutely crazy considering the world stood still for a year. We'll be going to Breckenridge, Colorado in July and Jackson Hole, Wyoming ins August. We also have three weddings! I am honestly just kind of shocked how busy we are and how many people we will be seeing. What a difference a year can make.

As for myself and what I will be doing all day with Henry in school, I have a couple of things I would like to accomplish. I want to dedicate a lot of time to my writing. I feel a little bit of pressure thinking about it, but I want to see if, given the time and creative space, I can create something. 

Additionally, I want to make a lot of progress on my lower back issue. I almost wrote "injury", but I don't even know if that's what it is yet. I will be seeing a doctor next Monday who will hopefully be able to refer me somewhere to get an X-ray and MRI, then go from there. While healing is my main goal, I would also like to do a lot more Orange Theory classes. I love going, but this back issue is making it hard. 

I want to read a lot this summer- much more YA than I have been. Reading the same books as my students is a great way to foster healthy relationships and encourage the love of reading. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points