Deadly Influencer- day 35

Character 1- female, mid 20s, grew up middle class, ego driven, materialistic, micro-influencer, desperate to get to the top

POV: newly hired social media manager, naïve in most regards, tech savvy

Depraved actions taken to get content she needs:

Starts off gross, but not morally depraved- 

  • sleeping with wealth men to get gifts, trips, etc
  • drug use
  • petty theft
  • conning businesses into giving her things
idea #1
 Evil influencer realizes that followers don't just come for the content- they come for the stories. They stick around because they are intereseted in YOU and your personal life. 
A fellow influencer posts a heartbreaking picture with a caption- a horrible accident has killed her child. evil influencers notices that normal influncer has doubled her following after the post was uploaded, the post itself garnered 4times the amount of likes the influencer normally got.
this gets evil influencer thinking- how can i create a sob story so incredible, that no one can look away. how can i pull people in, to witness me tragedy and cheer me on and love me for what I've gone through. 
Evil influencer begins to plot. 

idea #2
I'm desperate for attention. It's the motive for everything I do. Likes validate me. Followers make me feel real. Replies to my stories get me high. I know the man I'm marrying is a piece of shit, but I need the content. I have to have the pictures, the lovey captions, the enviable wedding. I'm nothing without it. I've been starving myself for years, exercising away most of the calories I consume. I overspend on the latest trends, bags, shoes, because I can't fall behind, my followers have to see me as cutting edge. Every time I see someone post about a vacation they are on while I'm sitting at home, it makes me sick. I immediate begin booking my next trip. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points