Where do I stand on my New Year's Resolutions- day 48
In January I made a little New Year Inspiration board:
I printed it out, wrote specifics under each picture, and hung it next to my desk to look at everyday. Five months into 2021 and I feel moderately accomplished, but also a bit empty. The biggest disappointment is not being pregnant. I thought going into the summer I would definitely have a baby on board. There is nothing I can do about that, it is in God's hands, so I'm leaving my worries in His hands too.
I have done the OPPOSITE of get in shape lol. However, I have an injury and I fully accept and love my body for where it is. I'm excited to recover and heal over the summer.
Things I am happy about are my increased reading and writing efforts. Daily writing challenge hasn't been perfect, or purposeful for that matter, but it feels organic and headed somewhere. Reading is beautiful and life giving and I love it dearly.
We have gone to the beach and are going to the mountains soon :)
Our savings has been unreal. I am debt free as of January and putting that money from paying off debt into a savings account is the best feeling. Also, Andrew won a ridiculous amount of money on a sport bet (insert eye roll here) and we put it ALL away. We are hoping to buy a house in the next couple of years, but right now the market is way too crazy and we aren't in a rush.
Reflecting on concept of Goal Setting:
Most religions, especially Buddhism, discourage expectation. One of the Four Noble Truths is that suffering comes from expectation. Additionally, a common Christian saying is, "Man plans, God laughs." And if 2020 taught us anything, it is that absolute truth. However, I believe that hope and excitement for the future don't necessarily rob from joys and gifts of the present. I don't think it is wrong to put hopes, dreams, wishes, and goals down on paper and pray over them. God has placed these desires on my heart- He is the designer of my innermost being, of course He knows what I long for. It seems to me, that the most important thing is to admit to ourselves what we want, ask God for guidance, and then patiently peruse what is good.
Comments
Post a Comment