Sundays- day 10
I think my understanding of "living life to the fullest" has, and will continue to change.
In college, living life to the fullest meant never missing a party. Sunday mornings and afternoons were spent nursing hangovers, surveying the damage done the night before, eating fast food, then being riddled with anxiety that evening, feeling like an absolute piece of shit.
In my early 20's, it meant more time out at bars, going out on dates, spending money I didn't have. My Sunday routine didn't change, but Monday morning at work was so much worse than sitting through a class.
It wasn't until my mid 20's that I decided I was kind of done with this insane pattern.
*write middle section here*
Today, this Sunday, I can't imagine that misery of being hungover and only moving from the bed to the couch. That was my sad idea of living life.
Today, I made my little boy breakfast, played bubbles outside, went to Orange Theory, helped my sister and baby nephew for two hours, went on a mile and a half walk with Butter and Henry, did laundry, went to mass, made enchiladas, read books, bathed, and rocked my son to sleep.
I know there are seasons for everything. But it makes me sad to think of all the time I wasted, under the impression of YOLOing. Would I have made better grades? Probably. Had better quality people around me? Most likely. Never met my first husband? DEFINITELY.
You can't go back and tell your younger self these things, and that's okay. I have noticed that early 20s behavior comes back around in people's 40's, so maybe I can avoid it then.
Comments
Post a Comment