Being Loved at my lowest - Day 6

When I go pregnant, I was at the lowest point in my life. My rock bottom looked like: massive debt, addiction to adderall, excessive alcohol abuse, heartbreak from a divorce I couldn't move on from, apathy toward others, and hatred toward myself. 

After a night I refer to as, "the campaign to kill myself", I finally submitted and began an outpatient rehab program. Two weeks in, I found out I was three weeks pregnant. 

I was in darkness, and that little baby sparked a flame within me. The flame to continue to live, to love, and begin again. That spark of love and hope was born not only within myself, but within Andrew as well. 

Andrew saw me drowning, and he didn't yell from the shore, "Swim!".

He dove in my dangerous waters, swam out to meet me, and pulled me to shore. 

I didn't hide anything from him. He knew it all, and decided to love me anyway. And I say decided purposefully, because love is not a feeling. It is a choice, a constant action, a work of the will. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points