Mom Posts- Day 2: April 9th, 2021
I think of countless times that I have gone to my mom's house, and just let it all out. Every grievance, every complaint, every big and small feeling, every tear I've been holding back comes pouring out the minute I talk to my mom. I think of how seen she makes me feel, how validated and comforted I am after these big emotional releases.
Then I think about how I would feel if after I left, my mom posted on Facebook, "Wow, being a mom can be so draining." or "Even after 31 years, I can't seem to get a break from Peyton's overly emotional days."
It would absolutely crush me. It was rip me apart, and take away any of the trust and vulnerability I was able to have with my mother.
And yet, so many mom's of toddlers post these types of statuses.
I'll see mom's posts about tantrums (the most cruel are when videos of them are shared..), hard days with their children, and how happy they are to finally put their child to bed. And I think, how crushed would your child be if they knew you were saying that about them to hundreds of people?
Mom's do this under the guise of being "relatable" and showing that their life isn't "perfect". But my question is, why does it have to come at the expense of your child? If you want to be real, post a video of YOU crying to YOUR MOM. Show yourself being unreasonable, sensitive, or overwhelmed. Not your child.
Comments
Post a Comment