Healthy Weekends
I often feel like weekends are what derail my healthy living progress. Between drinking, eating out, and my "treat yourself" mentality, the calories can add up quickly.
Being on this food plan the past two weeks and kicking butt at the gym, the last thing I wanted to do this weekend was backslide. I decided no matter what temptations came my way, I am sticking with my meal plan. I made a commitment to myself and I'm worth keeping a promise to!
Even though I wasn't going to eat unhealthy or drink, I still wanted to see friends and have a great weekend. I had a little bit of anxiety that people would be put off that I wasn't drinking. Saturday afternoon I went with some friends to the pool. Everyone drank, I chugged about half a gallon of water. I had a BLAST and no one even seemed to notice that I didn't have a sip of alcohol!
Later that night we all went out in Midtown, Houston and it was the same deal. I chatted, drank water with a lime in it (cocktail decoy!) and had an amazing time with my friends. No one cared that I wasn't drinking, my friends love me with or without a beer in hand.
I wanted to share this because I do not think I am alone in the healthy weekend struggle. It doesn't have to be boring, or mean being alone watching DRVed shows all weekend! With a little will power, it can be even more fun without alcohol.
It was so nice Sunday waking up feeling great. We brunched, worked out, meal prepped, and went to church. All headache free.
Being on this food plan the past two weeks and kicking butt at the gym, the last thing I wanted to do this weekend was backslide. I decided no matter what temptations came my way, I am sticking with my meal plan. I made a commitment to myself and I'm worth keeping a promise to!
Even though I wasn't going to eat unhealthy or drink, I still wanted to see friends and have a great weekend. I had a little bit of anxiety that people would be put off that I wasn't drinking. Saturday afternoon I went with some friends to the pool. Everyone drank, I chugged about half a gallon of water. I had a BLAST and no one even seemed to notice that I didn't have a sip of alcohol!
Later that night we all went out in Midtown, Houston and it was the same deal. I chatted, drank water with a lime in it (cocktail decoy!) and had an amazing time with my friends. No one cared that I wasn't drinking, my friends love me with or without a beer in hand.
It was so nice Sunday waking up feeling great. We brunched, worked out, meal prepped, and went to church. All headache free.
![]() |
| Black coffee is life. |



Comments
Post a Comment