Goal setting
Something I have shared with very few people is my approach to goal setting. At the beginning of every month I look at the 7 areas of wellness. I actually learned about this in a college health class and it's value has stuck with me ever since! Here are the areas of wellness I focus on:
I make a goal for each one. This month my goals are:
Then on the last day of the month I reflect: Did I meet my goals? Why or why not? What got in my way? What can I change next month? If I was successful, what was keeping me motivated?
The reflection is important and should feel peaceful. It is not a time of self judgement or shaming! In this fast paced world we tend to let weeks and months fly by without looking back and saying:
"Wow, that did NOT work for me, I need to change." or "Yes, letting go of that bad habit last month was well worth the effort."
Goal setting and reflection are a form of self-love. It's about saying to yourself "I have potential, I am strong enough to do this, and I am worth keeping a promise to!" and doing just that.
I make a goal for each one. This month my goals are:
- Physical: Work out 5 times a week
- Intellectual: Read one book a week (I have been doing this since school started! 26 books so far!)
- Spiritual: Started studying the book of Ester (She Reads Truth) and will attend church 3 of the 4 Sundays this month.
- Financial: Save (x) amount of dollars
Then on the last day of the month I reflect: Did I meet my goals? Why or why not? What got in my way? What can I change next month? If I was successful, what was keeping me motivated?
The reflection is important and should feel peaceful. It is not a time of self judgement or shaming! In this fast paced world we tend to let weeks and months fly by without looking back and saying:
"Wow, that did NOT work for me, I need to change." or "Yes, letting go of that bad habit last month was well worth the effort."
Goal setting and reflection are a form of self-love. It's about saying to yourself "I have potential, I am strong enough to do this, and I am worth keeping a promise to!" and doing just that.
![]() |
| #preach |


Comments
Post a Comment