Ditching Dairy

I have read several different paleo books and countless paleo blogs and they all repeat the same message: ditch the dairy! I could not do them justice in explaining all the scientific reasons BUT I do know that the majority of the worlds population is dairy/lactose intolerant. The feeling of bloat or gas is most likely due to intake of dairy products! I would say give dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt)  the heave-ho for a week or two and see what a difference it makes. I know I love how I feel without it!

Great Dairy Alternatives:

  • Milk- Almond milk (unsweetened) 
  • Yogurt - Cultured Coconut milk
  • Ice Cream- there is a brand called So Delicious with ice creams made from coconut or almond milk
  • Butter- Ghee or Coconut oil 
  • Cheese- learn to live without it! You can, I promise!
I rarely buy yogurt alternatives (of all the cravings I have, dairy is never one of them) but I saw these at Trader Joe's and bought a few! 


Raspberries, Blueberries, Local Honey



By the way, look at this beautiful Paleo Food Pyramid:

Such a great visual for the nutrition our body wants and needs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points