Dijon and Almond Crusted Tilapia




Ingredient:

  • 4 fillets of tilapia
  • 2/3 cup of whole almonds
  • 1/2 cup of dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • salt & pepper
  • coconut oil for frying
Directions:

1. Place almonds in food processor and process until finely chopped.

2. Transfer almonds into a shallow dish, add paprika and mix together.


3. Lay out tilapia fillets. Lightly salt and pepper both sides, then with a brush, generously coat fillets with dijon mustard.

4. Lay fillets in almond mix and coat evenly on both sides.

5. Add coconut oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Cook both sides until the fish is flaky and exterior looks brown and crispy.


This was a family approved meal! Even my ten year old brother gave it props! I had a hard time with getting the "breading" on the fillets to not fall off when I flipped them. I have never made fried chicken or fish before so if anyone has any tips on how to do this like a pro, I would love to know for next time! They turned out delicious though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points