Celebrate You!

This week I was on spring break and went home to Keller, TX. I had a health-filled week, continuing my meal plan and working out daily. It was heaven! One morning I came in from a run and was feeling encouraged about the progress I was seeing in my body. I decided to open up Instagram while I made breakfast. The first things I see are spring breakers in bikinis and tiny sunning outfits; immediately, the positive feelings I had toward my body started to fade. I starting feeling envious and almost angry that those girls got to look that great while I was out here busting my butt looking half as good! Closing my app, followed by closing my eyes, I reflected and remembered this saying:




This could not have been more true for me in that moment. I decided to stop the negative and bring about the positive: I decided to celebrate me. Celebrating MY journey through healthy living and MY progress. I can never be anyone but myself so why not love every second of it?! So I took a no make-up, pale skin selfie, and thought about what I am blessed to have accomplished.



Celebrations:
  • I have successfully stuck with my meal plan for 7 days! 14 days to go!
  • I am well on my way to accomplishing every goal I set for the month of March.
  • I dedicated time to family and health this break, I feel energized and motivated.
  • I have been coordinating get-togethers with a great group of Houston girlfriends and am loving it!


How do you celebrate you? What is beautiful about the journey you are on? Comment and let me know! I would love to celebrate with you.

Comments