What I learned in 100 days of writing (lol)
Okay the first thing I learned is that my self disciple is absolute garbage! Literally no reason I couldn't have managed to write for 100 days straight, especially during summer, but alas, the power of my will is weak.
I also learned that just sitting down and writing isn't what I thought it would be. Having inspiration, or original thought, is not easy to come by.
Starting is hard, finishing is harder.
Clear concepts, a centralized thesis, must be front loaded
But resources and research need to be intermixed with the writing process.
There is something to be said for natural talent
I think many books are much longer than they need to be, most of the time I want to scream at the author SPIT IT OUTTTTTT
Other times I'm like, you could have wrapped up that whole chapter in 1 sentence
It makes me suspicious that publishers pressure for word/page count instead of just letting it be the length it needs to be
I wrote more consistently than I ever have in my life, so while 100 days was more like 130 days, I feel proud of what I have so far, and encouraged to keep going.
Comments
Post a Comment