Preface/Book Concept- day 93
Preface/Book Concept
I'm not a marriage specialist, I'm not licensed counselor, I'm not a spiritual guru. And if you are anything like me, I was sick of hearing from those kinds of people during my divorce. All I wanted was a friend to talk to, who had been through the agony of divorce, who could understand my heartbreak. I wanted a friend who wouldn't judge my ugly healing, who wouldn't tell me some bullshit, positive cliché like, "Everything happens for a reason!". I wanted to know that I wasn't alone in my grief, and that there was someone like me out there.
That is who I want to be for you. Here I am. I'll be the friend for you, that I wish I had.
I did divorce ugly. I did a lot wrong, a lot REALLY wrong, and I'm still working to make amends for that. But I also did some things right.
I want to share with you the way that I was left. How I didn't deserve it. How wrong it was. How it hurt me so deeply, I became someone I didn't even recognize.
I want to share with you the bad, horrible things I did after my husband left me. I want you to know that if you did things you are ashamed of in the aftermath of abandonment, that you aren't alone, and that you can come back from them.
I want to share with you the lies I told myself, and how I now know the truth.
I promise I won't lie to you, I won't sugar coat anything, or try to make myself look better than I was. Because you aren't here to be impressed by me, you're here to be understood.
I'm here to be your friend through this.
I'm so glad we met and have this time to share in our pain, loss, and journey forward.
Comments
Post a Comment