15 Weeks Pregnant- day 100
two weeks in our new home, so don't judge the mess lol
Baby is the size of: a navel orange! (4 inches, 2.5 ounces)
Baby's Development: Baby's legs are finally growing longer than their arms, and they are able to move all joints and limbs! Baby's face is looking more and more like a little person, with eyelashes, nails, hair, and well defined fingers and toes. During a sonogram, baby could be seen yawning, thumb sucking, stretching, and making faces!
Momma Symptoms: Insomnia, fatigue, ravenous hunger, restless leg syndrome... oof. It has been a week, ladies.
Gender/Names: I can't believe in 5 weeks we will know the sex of our baby! I keep going back and forth on what is think it is; currently, I'm thinking boy! We have our names picked out: Naomi (girl) or Nolan (boy). Naomi is the name of my paternal grandmother, we aren't big into naming after family, we just so happened to both love it. Also, I've been binge watching Sothern Charm and Naomie Olindo is an absolute queen, so that added to my love for it. Nolan Catholic HS is where Andrew and I met, so we thought the name would be a sweet nod to where our love began. Middle names are still in the works, but those are usually pretty easy.
Weight Gain: I refuse to step on a scale lol
Emotional Wellness: Overall, I'm doing great. I will say, gaining weight is an ego blow. I used to love putting outfits together for church and school, but lately I dread getting dressed in the morning. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss my old body. Being pregnant is physically all consuming, I miss my energy, my autonomy, my flat stomach lol and it will be a LONG time before I have that back again.
Random Life Things: August 2021 has been one for the books... we have had some major highs- going to Jackson Hole, celebrating our one year anniversary, seeing our baby, moving. But also a few lows- losing air conditioning for over a week, starting school with the "delta variant" scare, Henry getting a tummy bug that went through the whole house! I am certainly ready for a new month to start, and for life to settle down a bit (although, does it really ever?). September looks like it is going to be and absolutely boring month, I couldn't be more excited.
Comments
Post a Comment