Motherhood- day 82
When my child gets sick, everything comes to a screeching halt. Days are filled with tears, fevers, and aches. Doctor visits, prescription pick ups, and forcing meds. It's filled with holding, rocking, and comforting. Sanitizing, washing, and bathing. At the end of the day, I feel like I've done everything, yet nothing. All I did was pick up and clean, yet somehow the house is a wreck. I only moved from the bed to the couch, to the rocking chair, yet I feel exhausted.
Henry got a fever on Wednesday, and it didn't let up until Saturday. It was the most exhausting three and a half days I have ever had. The hours felt eternal. Henry could hardly be consoled, every medicine dose was a fight, I couldn't set him down, even go to the bathroom, without him sobbing. He would wake up through out the nights needing snuggles and water. It was awful seeing him in such agony, knowing all I could do was force meds on him, keep him hydrated, and rested.
I have a theory that he caught this virus because we just stopped breastfeeding. Yep. Just stopped. You can think I'm a freak, and I'm fine with that. BUT, my child has never had a single virus until now.
God is good and Henry is back to his healthy, hearty self. We even went to see some friends for a few hours on July 4th, which was wonderful, but I think I overdid it.
I was absolutely wrecked yesterday and today. I keep forgetting that I'm 7.5 weeks pregnant. My body is working overtime to grow this child, while caring for the other.
Comments
Post a Comment