9 Weeks Pregnant- day 85



 

Baby is the size of: a GREEN OLIVE! (1 inch)

Baby's Development: Baby is working so hard and growing strong! All four chambers of the heart are developed and we will soon be able to hear it on a Doppler. The placenta is developing, which causes major hormonal surges in momma, making symptoms at an all time high this week. Baby's little muscles are forming, head is straightening into position, and tail has disappeared! Looking cuter and cuter by the day. 

Due Date: I finally had my first OB/GYN appointment this week! Baby was measuring 8 weeks 1 day, when I thought I was 8 weeks 4 days. My doctor said it is hard to know the exact day in which the sperm met the egg, which is why my prediction was a couple days off! However, she said she was still basing my due date off of the first day of my last period- so February 18th. I am a c-section momma, so we will be scheduling surgery for either February 11th or 15th.  

Momma Symptoms: As my technician was doing my ultrasound, I was feeling a bit of pain as she was scanning over my left ovary. I told her it was hurting, so she took a few pictures and measurements. Turns out, I have a cyst in my left ovary! I have never had one before, I was so surprised. My doctor said it is not something to worry over, that cyst should resolve itself, but she does want to monitor it. This means at my next appointment (12 weeks), we will do another ultrasound. I'm kind of excited because it means I get to see baby again soon! 

Health and Exercise: Worked out 5 times last week... barely. These workouts were like, walking two miles on the treadmill lol. Henry got another virus (RSV is running rampant this summer) and it really took the house down with it. I had a few moments of fear that I would catch it and potentially put this pregnancy at risk, but thankfully I didn't. 

Weight Gain: +1.5 lbs (starting weight- 146.5, current- 148)

Emotional Wellness: I kind of cracked this week. Having a sick toddler is misery- for them, for me, for everyone around us. Sunday through Wednesday I felt like I couldn't keep him comfortable, he was exhausted but couldn't sleep, hungry but wouldn't eat. Taking medicine was a fight, wiping his nose ending in screaming and tears. It is just an absolute drain. I didn't "accomplish" a single thing those four days, the house was a mess, sheets and clothes sticky with Tylenol, uneaten plates of food, making anything he would ask for just to get some calories in him, only for him to refuse it. A sick child is so heartbreaking, I wish I could fix it and I couldn't. He is finally better (kids make the craziest comebacks lol) and acting like this normal self. I feel like I am still recovering from caring for him!! Truly this past week was a total blur. 

Random Life Things: We announced our pregnancy on Instagram with some super cute pictures of Henry! We had a lot of fun taking them, Andrew is so creative and doesn't do half measures, so we got some great pics. I announced my pregnancy before most people do, so it was fun getting "secret" messages from girlfriends who are also due in February. I love being the first to know happy news, it doesn't happen often enough in life!







Comments