Taking the Dive- working on my annulment paperwork- day 2
I have had this annulment paperwork sitting in my inbox, untouched, for over a year now. When I first went through the paperwork, I was absolutely shocked at the sheer amount of it. How detailed everything had to be, giving such specific, personal information, reliving some of the lowest lows my heart has ever known.
And I just couldn't do it. I couldn't even fill out my name, DOB, and address.
Now, I'm an active member in my parish. I have my first born son baptized. I plan to do the same with my daughter. I donate monthly to my church, I inspire my friends and family to attend mass with me, and I feel the presence of Christ most strongly when I'm consistently honoring His holy day. So by God, I should be allowed to closure and finality of an annulment. I should be in clear conscious and in good standing with the faith I hold so dear.
Sometimes it takes a little fire and anger and sense of injustice for me to get my ass in gear. So, I opened the document, and within a few hours, I had filled out 20 pages.
I felt like God was with me, giving me strength, aiding my memory, and guiding me. I felt His blessing as I worked through question after question, baring my heart, my soul, and my truth to this process.
I am far from finished, but just like walking 1,000 miles, it just has to be taken one step at a time.
Comments
Post a Comment