23 Weeks Pregnant- day 3


Baby is the size of: A GRAPEFRUIT! (11.4 inches, 1.3 pounds)

Baby's Development: Is it just me, or does a grapefruit seem smaller than a coconut? Regardless, Naomi is packing on the weight, (just like mommy) and she will be gaining about .2 pounds every week from now until birth. Her lungs are developing airway branches in preparation for life in the outside world. Additionally, the bones in her inner ear are hardening, strengthening her hearing and allowing her to know what side of her head sounds are coming from. She is so strong and active, I can feel her movements so clearly now, and even see them on the surface of my tummy! What a magical time. 

Momma Symptoms: Swollen ankles and feet, difficulty sleeping, and just general discomfort. We have officially entered into the "oof" stage of pregnancy, where bending down and moving too fast are just uncomfortable and awkward.

Weight Gain: 19 lbs

Random Life Things: Last Friday, I had my 20 week sonogram (2 weeks late, sorry Nomi!) and baby girl looked great! No abnormalities, all systems functioning properly, looking healthy as can be. I loved seeing her face, she holds her hands up by her cheeks, just like Henry did. I know it sounds crazy, but I could tell she looks just like me. (hehe)

Comments