22 Weeks Pregnant
Baby is the size of: A COCONUT! (11 inches, 1 pound)
Baby's Development: Naomi's grip, vision, and hearing are all strengthening. All five of her senses are sharpening, she's rolling and flipping around in mommy's tummy, and possibly even playing with her umbilical cord! She has broken the 1 pound milestone, and will continue to add much needed fat throughout the next four months.
Momma Symptoms: Um... hi acne?? My skin has been breaking out like CRAZY the last week. I haven't changed anything about my skincare routine, so the only logical explanation is to blame baby girl! But, I will gladly take imperfect skin for my sugar baby doll any day.
Weight Gain: +17.5 lbs
Random Life Things: I finally have my 20 week scan on Friday (two weeks behind on appointments!! my OBGYN is booked to the brim!) During this ultrasound they will check Naomi's major organ systems, ensuring that her heart, brain, skull, kidneys, bones, hands, and feet are developing as usual. If not, we will be referred to a specialist with hire resolution ultrasound and get more information at that time. I love ultrasounds and getting to see my girl, but it can be nerve-racking to know they are looking for problems or abnormalities. Thankfully, my doctor allows husbands to be present during ultrasounds, and I know me and Naomi can face anything with Andrew by our side.

Comments
Post a Comment