Grain Free

Something I often find myself craving is granola! Before I started the paleo lifestyle, I was a granola lover. Nature Valley Bars, Special K cereal...oh man that sounds so good right now!

However, cutting out grains and gluten has had a huge impact on my weight, bloating, and overall intestinal health. To keep these cravings at bay, I tried Diane Sanfilippo's "Grain Free Banola" recipe from her 21 Day Sugar Detox book. 

The first time I made it, I botched it up horribly by over-chopping the nuts. I basically made it into a nut butter! This time, I bought nuts that were already halved and made the "banola" super chunky.

Pecan, walnuts, almond slivers, macadamia nuts

I portioned it into seven smaller containers (one per day, control yourself Peyton!)  because I seriously could eat half of this in one sitting! 

If you haven't already, buy 21 Day Sugar Detox, even if it is just for the recipes. It is my go-to book in the kitchen, I even take it with me to the grocery store.


Her explanations in the beginning of the book will convince you to go grain free in about three sentences! Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points