Going Alcohol Free

One of my goals in April was to not drink any alcohol. This decision was made after some self reflection and reading about how drinking, even in moderation, can affect healthy living.

I have not had so much as a sip of alcohol in 8 weeks! I was doing my 21 DSD in March then continued living life on that meal plan all of April.

Here is the important thing to note: I did not seclude myself from friends, functions or events just because I wasn't drinking. In fact, I went to more happy hours, trivia nights and birthday celebrations in those eight weeks than I have this entire year. I went to Midtown on weekends, family gatherings and a wedding! 

I have learned a lot about myself these eight weeks, and it is all positive! 

  • I started working out on Saturdays and Sundays, exceeding my workout goal from 5x a week to 6!
  • I have lost EIGHT pounds! I weigh less now than I did when I was 15.
  • I have more energy every day of the week than I ever have before.
  • No one really cares if you are drinking or not. Truthfully, I don't think anyone even notices! Friends love you because they love you, case closed! 
  • My body and mind feel more alive. I wake up everyday, ready to live it to the fullest. Nothing comes between me and my goals because I have eliminated an element that used to compromise what I really wanted.
It is empowering to know that nothing controls me. Situations and events do not control what goes into my body, I do! 

Food for thought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points