Thursday Thoughts/Progress Report
This week has zipped by! I took off work tomorrow for a friends wedding this weekend in Tyler, TX. I am excited to post how I prepare for a healthy weekend when traveling! Most likely to be up on Sunday when we get back.
Some random thoughts I have been having recently are, "Why would anyone stop by my blog to get advice or encouragement? There are thousands of fitness blogs out there, why should women spend their time looking at mine?"
First of all, I am not in the "fitness industry". Many of the women we pin or follow are fitness models, promotional girls for different supplements/protein powders, or personal trainers. I, however, am just a 6th grade teacher. I work from 7 to 4 (sometimes later) and am on my feet 90% of that time. I sit in faculty meetings, planning periods, and grade papers. Fitness and health have to come before or after work for me, just like everyone else. I either get up at 5:00 and workout, or wait until after school, which means sitting in Houston traffic. Most people struggle with this work/health balance, myself included.
Secondly, I have a lot of compassion and understanding because I have been overweight before. Okay not just overweight, at one point I was 30-35 pounds too heavy, landing my BMI in the obese range. I am not someone who has a slim disposition, if anything, it is the opposite! My hope is that if you are 5, 10, 15, or 20+ pounds overweight, know that I have been there! And I would love to be an encouragement in anyway!
Lastly, I strive to be honest and real. I promise to talk about my backslides alongside my successes! Happy to say I have a success to share:
| Week 5 |
![]() |
| Week 1 |
Here is my Week 5 progress! Hitting cardio more often along with weight training has really helped me trim down. The biggest factor has been following my meal plan and absolutely no alcohol for 5 weeks. I am feeling motivated to keep going for the next 7 weeks before I head to Europe! Please continue to pray for my stamina, energy and will power!

Comments
Post a Comment