Healthy Weekend While Traveling
This month I made commitments to myself to 1. Not drink any alcohol and 2. Continue with my workouts and meal plan. I knew with preparation and discipline, I could easily maintain my goals, even when out of town.
This weekend my boyfriend was a groomsman in one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended! When packing for the trip, I made sure that the hotel we were staying at had a fridge and microwave in the room. I made a list of how many meals I would be out of town for and started preparing.
I hard boiled eggs, bagged almonds, and grabbed some lunches and dinners from Snap Kitchen. I put everything in a cooler and was ready to go!
Friday I did my early a.m. workout, had a protein shake then an hour later had 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. Around 12:00 I had salmon, zucchini and cauliflower. Then we hit the road for Tyler! That night at the rehearsal dinner, I figured there would be healthy options and I was in luck! I filled my plate with lettuce and sauteed veggies and chicken. I drank tons of water and at the end of the dinner, a black coffee.
Saturday we slept in, I did an hour walking on incline at the hotel gym. Then I ate the hard boiled eggs that I brought, black coffee, some melon and strawberries with 1 tbsp almond butter. Are 2:00 I had one of my Snap Kitchen lunches. Then around 4:00 I ate a bag of mini pretzels. Why?! I have no idea. They were just there and I wanted them, so I ate them. It was totally random but I was craving something salty! That night at the wedding I picked out all the healthy items on the menu and was totally satisfied. I danced the night away, alcohol free, and enjoyed every minute of my friends gorgeous wedding.
Sunday we woke up early, grabbed eggs, bacon, and fruit from the hotel buffet and headed out. I didn't feel deprived, hung over, or cheated! I had an incredible weekend without going completely overboard with food and drinks!
| The rehearsal dinner! |
| Stunning bride-to-be! |
| Nothing compares to seeing your man in a tux! |
| Beautiful bride. |
Comments
Post a Comment