Read a Paleo Book
This weekend I started reading "It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30" by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. I've been plowing through it, learning a ton, and it hit me: most people probably haven't READ a paleo book. If I was to guess, I would say most people have skimmed a few articles, pinned a few recipes, or have seen some food pictures with "hashtag paleo" on Instagram.
If my blog or any posts have interested you in the paleo lifestyle, grab a book on it! And then read it! Cover to cover! Highlighting valuable info, taking notes in the margins, tabbing pages. Then when you are done, keep it on a book stand in your kitchen for a quick resource guide.
I know so many people who think "Oh Paleo, okay so just meat, vegetables and fruit. Cool, I can do that." Stop right there! Fad diets come and go, and so does weight and overall health. Doing something without educating yourself is a guaranteed way to fail/quit/or jump on the bandwagon of any new "diet" that comes along. Paleo lifestyle is so much more than that. It is about life-long health and wellness. Being fit and toned in my 20's? Yeah sounds great. But I want to be active, lively, sharp and thriving in my 40's, 50's and 80's!
Learn about what you are doing. Enjoy the new knowledge and self education! People often admit, "I haven't read a book in its entirety since high school." Um...what?! Please get your information from a credited, published, knowledgeable source!
Sharing my healthy journey has been so rewarding and I love talking about my strengths and weaknesses. A strength of mine: devouring books. A weakness: being able to repeat what I learned to others. Especially the scientific/technical stuff!
Here is my recommended reading list:
Challenge yourself to read one health-related book this month. No more internet articles or buzzfeed nonsense! Time to go get started!
If my blog or any posts have interested you in the paleo lifestyle, grab a book on it! And then read it! Cover to cover! Highlighting valuable info, taking notes in the margins, tabbing pages. Then when you are done, keep it on a book stand in your kitchen for a quick resource guide.
I know so many people who think "Oh Paleo, okay so just meat, vegetables and fruit. Cool, I can do that." Stop right there! Fad diets come and go, and so does weight and overall health. Doing something without educating yourself is a guaranteed way to fail/quit/or jump on the bandwagon of any new "diet" that comes along. Paleo lifestyle is so much more than that. It is about life-long health and wellness. Being fit and toned in my 20's? Yeah sounds great. But I want to be active, lively, sharp and thriving in my 40's, 50's and 80's!
Learn about what you are doing. Enjoy the new knowledge and self education! People often admit, "I haven't read a book in its entirety since high school." Um...what?! Please get your information from a credited, published, knowledgeable source!
Sharing my healthy journey has been so rewarding and I love talking about my strengths and weaknesses. A strength of mine: devouring books. A weakness: being able to repeat what I learned to others. Especially the scientific/technical stuff!
Here is my recommended reading list:
![]() |
| Read this first! It is eye opening, easy to understand, and overall a great read. |
![]() |
| Best recipes and great testimonial. |
![]() |
| Please read this before starting a 21 DSD! Education and preparation are key. |
Challenge yourself to read one health-related book this month. No more internet articles or buzzfeed nonsense! Time to go get started!





Comments
Post a Comment