So sick of wearing a mask
And I seriously don't want to hear anything from people who work from home and wear a mask for ten minutes when they go to the store. It actually IS a big deal when you have to wear it for 5 hours straight, get a 25 minute break, then have to wear it again for 3 more hours. It IS a big deal when you work with kids, and relationships mean everything. It IS a big deal when you can't smile at a student or read a passage aloud with expression.
I had a student come in yesterday and say, "Mrs. Adams! I got my braces off!"
I said, "How exciting, let me see!"
She pulled down her mask and gave me the biggest smile ever, showing me perfectly straight pearly whites.
I audibly gasped when she did. I was taken aback because I realized- I'd never seen her face before. I had never seen her braces. I've been with this child everyday, Monday through Friday for 5 months, and I've never seen her smile.
Comments
Post a Comment