Skinny Chicken Artichoke & Mozzarella Bake


Ingredients:
  • Boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 can artichoke hearts
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 3 tbs flour
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • Shredded Mozzarella
    • (I used a vegan soy cheese)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drain artichokes, cut in half. Cut tomatoes into bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
3. Add garlic, sugar, flour, olive oil, salt and pepper into the bowl. Stir until artichokes and tomatoes are coated.
4. Drizzle olive oil into a glass pan and lay chicken breast, then put the artichoke and tomato mix on top. 
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, making sure there is no pink color in the middle of the chicken breast.

6. Add mozzarella cheese on top (I used a soy brand of "cheese" called Go Veggie). Turn oven on broil high and allow cheese to melt.
When I had a Christmas gift exchange with some of my Dallas ladies, my sister and I made this dish. It was such a hit! We made pasta and put it over that, but for a lighter option today I just put it on some baby arugula.
Filling & Healthy!

Was anyone else too tired to start their resolution on January 1st? Because this girl was suffering a major headache. I accidentally said "Happy Birthday" at least ten times on NYE and have to make a conscious effort to remember and say: 
Happy New Year!
Two Thousand & Fourteen







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points