Clean Eating: Tilapia Cakes

Tilapia Cakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 tilapia fillets
  • 1 celery rib, chopped
  • 1/4 red onion, chopped
  • 1 tbsp Paleo Mayo
  • 1 tbsp gluten free mustard
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
This is one of my new favorites! I always buy big bags of frozen tilapia fillets and have eaten them exactly the same for years. I saw some tilapia cake recipes on Pinterest, most of them including crackers, so I modified my recipe to exclude that ingredient. 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet on medium-high heat, cook tilapia fillets. This will take about 3 minutes per side, I usually just check to see if the fish is nice and flaky with a fork.
3. Shred fish and place into a medium size bowl.

4. In olive oil over medium heat, sauté celery and red onion until they are soft (about 6-8 minutes) then add to the bowl.

5. Add mustard, mayo, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
6. With a spoon, scoop mixture into 1/4 cup and place evenly spaced on parchment paper.

7. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Serve warm
Goes perfectly with arugula and a little lemon juice!

January has been an eventful month so far, starting with New Year's and then a few days later turning 24! My birthday fell on a Thursday this year (January 9th, me and Kate Middleton share a birthday so, there's my icebreaker when I meet her.) and it was actually a lot of fun celebrating it at school. I felt so special getting deliveries from my parents, boyfriend, roommate Haley and sweet friend Chrystina- literally I was blushing all day.
My roomie is my snuggle bunny
I mean. Too sweet.
24 roses for turning 24!

I usually never make a big fuss about my birthday, but this year I am so fortunate to have an amazing friend group in the DFW, so I decided to have a birthday dinner. It was wonderful watching my high school friends mix with college friends who mixed with work friends.. I honestly don't think a smile left my face the entire night.
Social House in Uptown
Well, here's to hoping that my 24 year old self will be better at updating this blog. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points