Christmas Waffles: O'G Family Tradition


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Toppings:
  • Whipped cream
  • Sliced strawberries (sugar added)
  • Chopped walnuts
  • Syrup
Every year for a long as I can remember, we have made waffles for Christmas morning breakfast. I am a lover of tradition and always look forward to this meal.

 Directions:

1.  Stir all ingredients together.

2. Pour batter onto waffle iron.

Pour in the center
3. Bake for 5 minutes and remove.

My mom is the expert so...she did it all;)

I know this is a silly post, anyone can follow steps on the side of a Bisquick box, but I wanted to share the happenings of my family's Christmas! 

Paul loving his Christmas breakfast!

On Christmas Eve, all seven of us head to Denton, TX to see my grandparents. We have a big dinner with them, open gifts, then return to Keller at the end of the night for midnight mass. I have heard a saying that "the best gift parents can give their children is siblings" and I couldn't agree more! When all of us are together, I am in a constant state of laughter and love.

Robert, Allison, me (Peyton), William, and Paul
We were blessed this year to have William's girlfriend join us! 

William & Pam
Mom & Dad so J.Crewed out
O'Gorman girls.
Christmas Parties began a few weekends ago. I attended a couple tacky sweater parties- I have to give it up to the guys- they know how to make some hideous sweaters! My best friend Elizabeth had a speculator holiday party that took me a whole day to recover from...
A little too much holiday fun!
And of course some of my fave Dallas Delta Gamma's came together for a gift exchange. We celebrated my little sis Michelle and her twin Kristine's 23rd birthday with lots of wine and gossip and cupcakes.
My baby Kuse twins!
Robert even came to Dallas one day to see the Christmas Tree in Klyde Warren Park with me!


This Christmas was wonderful in so many ways, but I have to say one of my favorite things was reflecting back on where I was this time last year. I had just graduated, did not have a teaching job yet, and was still living at home. So much has come to pass for me in the last 12 months- moving to Dallas, getting a job at Lamar, and learning to stand on my own two feet. I believe it is important to recognize landmarks in life and be proud of each one. I am looking forward to all the beauty and love that 2014 will offer.


Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points