Writing Again

I always wanted to be a writer. I started a writing a bit with this blog in 2004, but wasn't disciplined or consistent with the practice. Recently, I have wanted to start writing again, but I felt it was "too soon". The stories I have don't have lessons learned. I still don't feel the cosmic understanding of why things happened to me the way they did. I do not have any words of wisdom to impart, no advice worth giving.


Then I thought: is there room in the writing space for my stories that were just... shitty experiences? Or does the story need to end with my enlightenment that I then pass on to the reader?

Is there a place for my voice, cynical but happy but broken but funny?  

Am I allowed to write my stories, express the outcome, and then in a few years look back and realize I was way off, completely wrong, and life wasn't done yanking me around yet?

We will find out. Because my writing has once more begun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points