The Porch in Houston

When I was living in Dallas, my friend Maura and I would attended The Porch at Watermark on Tuesday nights. I loved the fellowship I developed with her, and the knowledge I gained about Christ and His pursuit of my heart.

One of the hardest things about moving to Houston was how much I missed this bible study. I attended Catholic church on Sundays but still missed the weeknight time to worship.

I did not take ownership of my faith, or even consider myself a Christian, until I was 22 years old. My coming to Jesus story could be another post altogether! I rarely speak about my faith because I am a fallen person with brokenness and sin. I have an imperfect and painful past that the enemy constantly reminds me of. But I firmly believe that brokenness is what makes me so desperately in need of a relationship with Christ. 

The lessons I learned at The Porch gave me a sense of God's wonder, brought me peace along with understanding. Last Thursday I was telling Erik how I was longing to have that source of joy back in my life.

Later that evening, my friend Maura posted on my Facebook that The Porch would be streaming live at First Baptist in Houston. I couldn't believe it! What and awesome prayer answered. 

Last night I met a few friends at First Baptist. We listened to JP lead us through the worship, I took in his message and enjoyed every moment being back in this great community.

I would encourage anyone in the Houston area to come next Tuesday and experience The Porch!
More information below:

http://houstonsfirst.org/event/733593-2015-10-13-the-porch-live/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points