Meal Prep
Meal Prep:School is back in full swing and I couldn't be happier! Teaching is one of the great loves of my life and I am so fortunate everyday to pursue my passion.
However, there have been some long twelve hour work days the past few weeks, which I am sure any working woman can relate too. Coming home drained of all my energy, the last thing I want to do is cook dinner and prepare my lunch for the following day.
This Sunday I decided to cook and prepare EVERY meal from breakfast to lunch to dinner for Monday through Friday. Two hours later, my task was complete.
I only took pictures of the lunches and snacks I prepared because the breakfasts and dinners where all different and not packaged up.
What I brought to work:
- Oven baked chicken
- Ground turkey wrapped in bacon
- Sauteed zucchini and squash
- Steamed broccoli
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Hard boiled egg
- 20 almonds
No salt or butter was added to anything, just enjoying the flavors of nature!
After posting a picture to Instagram I had a friend text me asking if I get sick of eating the same thing everyday, and the honest answer is no! I look forward to my meals because everything I cook, I genuinely enjoy eating. When I look at the beautiful, natural, healthy food I prepare, Easy Mac, frozen meals, and other processed foods I see people eat at lunch look disgusting!
Shopping organically does not have to cost a fortune. I spent $69.30 at the grocery store, that works out to $4.62 a meal! It is worth every penny.


Comments
Post a Comment