Chicken Fijita Kabobs

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 orange bell pepper
  • 1 red onion
Marinade:
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano 
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions:

1. Mix chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, pepper, and red pepper fakes into a small bowl. Set aside.

2. Cut chicken breast into large cubed pieces. Place in a large bowl, pour in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, followed by 1/2 of the spices mixed in Step 1. Hand toss until all chicken is throughly coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge.

3. Cut bell peppers and red onion into large cubed pieces. Place in a large bowl, pour in 1 tbsp olive oil, fresh lime juice, and the remaining spice mix. Hand toss until vegetables are throughly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge.


4. Allow chicken and veggies to marinade for 4 hours. 

5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While oven is preheating, alternate placing veggies and chicken on your skewers. 


6. Place kabobs in oven, rotating the skewers every ten minutes for 30 minutes. 
Yummy!
Recently I have embarked on a 21 day Sugar Detox, today marks day 11 (half way done!) and so far I pleased with the results. I follow a lot of paleo recipe accounts on Instagram, which is where I first heard about the sugar detox. I did some research on my own and began food prepping and planning. It has been an eye opening experience, I have realized how not only am I addicted to sugar, but salt as well. I'm hoping to break some bad habits and gain some great new ones!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grocery List

Atomic Habits Bullet Points