Acorn Squash
Fall weather still hasn't reached Houston, but my menu has definitely changed seasons! I love fall harvest foods like cinnamon apples, hearty soups and pumpkin flavored anything.
Last Friday when my mom was in Houston, we went to Pax Americana and ordered a stuffed acorn squash. It was incredible! I was inspired to try and make one myself, so I googled different recipes and made my own Paleo version.
I melted a tablespoon of butter, stirred in some garlic salt and ground sage, then brushed it over the squash. I put them in the oven at 400 degrees for one hour.
While the acorn squash was in the oven I browned a pound of pork sausage, added peppers, onion, spinach, two apple and an egg together in a large skillet.
When the squash was done, I added the stuffing into the squash, then covered them with foil. They went back into the oven for twenty minutes.
Last Friday when my mom was in Houston, we went to Pax Americana and ordered a stuffed acorn squash. It was incredible! I was inspired to try and make one myself, so I googled different recipes and made my own Paleo version.
![]() |
| Cut off both ends. |
![]() |
| Remove seeds with a spoon. |
While the acorn squash was in the oven I browned a pound of pork sausage, added peppers, onion, spinach, two apple and an egg together in a large skillet.
When the squash was done, I added the stuffing into the squash, then covered them with foil. They went back into the oven for twenty minutes.
They were flavorful, filling and fiancé approved!






Comments
Post a Comment